RAKtopia, Ras Al Khaimah’s first music and wellness festival, is bringing people together with a shared passion for music, wellness and art from 22 – 23 October, 2022. Taking place at the picturesque Longbeach Campground, RAKtopia will offer selfcare seekers, beach lovers and festival-goers a weekend getaway with relaxed vibes, interactive activities and captivating beats.
Where Ras Al Khaimah and Utopia meet, RAKtopia is a wellness festival designed to revitalize, inspire and spark creativity and is the perfect place to connect with nature, body and mind. The exciting line-up of practitioners and performers include:
- Body movement awareness with RAKtopia Ambassador Allaoua Gaham – an experienced yogi, expert in anatomy and certified senior instructor of Animal Flow, who will introduce a yoga-meets-breakdancing workout that helps gain more body awareness, and Systema, a form of martial arts that focuses on physical, mental and spiritual wellness. Allaoua aims to empower festivalgoers and help them better understand body biomechanics and metabolism for overall wellbeing;
- Guided meditations with Sarah White – a yogi known for empowering both students and instructors alike to gain better understanding of their body;
- Pilates with Tamara Khoury – a certified personal trainer and holistic health coach with a speciality in HIIT and cardio Pilates; and
- Jamming sessions with Charl Chaka – renowned creative facilitator in music and movement dance, who will lead the flow alongside dance instructors.
Complementing the day programme is an impressive line-up of local DJs in addition to live artists who will co-create art to showcase the unique character and landscape of Ras Al Khaimah and host interactive ceramic and mandala workshops. As the day comes to a close and the sun dips behind the Arabian Gulf, internationally renowned DJs will illuminate the sky, taking festival-goers on a musical journey through the world of electronic music. Visitors can dance the night away with their feet in the sand and form lasting connections through music, art and nature as talented artists take them through an unforgettable experience of self-exploration. Names include:
- NU – one of the most-streamed electronic music artists famed for his creative mix of dance, tribal and energetic sounds;
- LUM – a vibrant Argentinian electronic music DJ who has produced with artists like Bedouin, Blondish and Black Coffee;
- 2Third – one of the region’s fastest rising musical duos
Raki Phillips, CEO of Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority, commented: “As we continue to keep wellness and mental wellbeing at the forefront of our tourism strategy, RAKtopia is about nurturing communities and creating soulful connections. Through this co-creative experience, we aim to foster an inclusive space for ongoing wellness, expression and self-exploration in the Emirate.”
Much-loved for its back-to-nature retreat vibes, Longbeach Campground serves as the ideal location for RAKtopia. Located along a 300-meter stretch of beach, the campground combines traditional camping with luxurious amenities and engaging activities — creating an immersive “glamping” experience. Perfect for families or friends, guests can stay in a variety of unique tent options and enjoy an all-inclusive activity package including access to the beach, pool, outdoor spa, water sports, a floating theatre, and more.
Tickets are limited and available to purchase from Platinumlist, with early bird tickets available from 27th July. Early bird packages with an overnight stay at Longbeach Campground for 2 guests and 2-day festival passes are available from AED 1,345 per couple. Individual early bird passes are priced at AED 350 for Day 1 and AED 180 for Day 2.
Early Bird Day 1 + Day 2 ticket combo: AED 400
Regular Day 1 + Day 2 ticket combo: AED 450
Day 1 ticket (22 October): AED 350
Day 2 ticket (23 October): AED 180
22 October, Saturday: 12:00 pm – 03:00 am
23 October, Sunday: 06:00 am – 07:00 pm